Leveling and Power Enhancements

Developing the progression and rewards for players in Heroes and Villains

Re: Leveling and Power Enhancements

Unread postby Ekimmak » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:01 am

Gothification wrote:A non-essential but nice for lore reasons; different origins require different leveling methods Tech goes to an R&D center, natural to Gym, etc. Much like Blue side enhancement stores were themed based on origins they sold to.

They also made shopping a heck of a lot easier. Trying to find the enhancements you're looking for when there was no filter got annoying the 12th time I had to do it.
I'm Zactoab on DeviantArt, was Clawstriker in City of Heroes, and Ekimmak in most other places.
Ekimmak

Unread postby Thazager » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Ekimmak wrote:
Gothification wrote:A non-essential but nice for lore reasons; different origins require different leveling methods Tech goes to an R&D center, natural to Gym, etc. Much like Blue side enhancement stores were themed based on origins they sold to.

They also made shopping a heck of a lot easier. Trying to find the enhancements you're looking for when there was no filter got annoying the 12th time I had to do it.

This is why in CoH, I generally played the same origin all the time. I got used to the locations of the enhancement vendors and which type was which.
HaV Lead Programmer/scripter

CPU - 2.6ghz
Ram - 4gig AMD Radeon
OS - Windows 7 HP 64b
Net - 50k (1m burst around 2am)
DX11
Thazager

Unread postby Gothification » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Thazager wrote:
Ekimmak wrote:

This is why in CoH, I generally played the same origin all the time. I got used to the locations of the enhancement vendors and which type was which.

If we go to a vendor that sells all origins type set up, a simple check box to filter origins would fix this. Or make the vendors UI an explorer menu style: Vendor/Enhancements/SO/Damage/Natural/Dragon Fury
Gothification

Unread postby JJohnson » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:45 pm

It would be great to have more than just 50 levels. I never got to 50 in CHO (dangit!) but I would love to hit 100 in HaV, and then, like Donkey Kong Country, get those one or two extra improvements to get to 101% on my powers.

I had a lot of alts because I loved trying out the new power sets, but what got me was the 30s took a long time, and the missions seemed more of a grind, so hopefully HaV's missions will feel a bit more personal to my specific character, so I have much more vested interest in winning, which I think Golden Girl has stated in other places on this forum.

Aside from the powers, I would like to see a mission or two where we lose our powers, and have to train up physically in some kind of martial art or something (Krav Maga, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fun, etch) and prove that we're more than just our powers (A common comic book event, every hero loses his/her powers at least once in their careers). And I do mean actual martial arts, not just one button that acts as the attack. I mean a punch, reverse punch, side kick, front kick, round kick, reverse side kick, butterfly kick, that kind of thing. It would make those one or two missions more difficult, but the training there would make the hero/villain physically stronger, i.e., more stamina, strength, more powerful hits. Not ridiculous, but maybe a 5-10% boost overall to every power by nature that doesn't take up an enhancement slot, and improves your physical stats a little also.

That's probably a down the road thing, but it would be great to see.

As for launch, I would love to see just 100 + 1 levels, more personal missions (saving friends and coworkers from villains, a neighbor, etc), and power/enhancements similar to CoH, but allow me to get all the powers in my power set chain.
JJohnson

Previous

Return to Progression and Rewards