Costume Suggestions

Developing the charatcer creation process in Heroes and Villains

Re: Costume Suggestions

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:54 pm

That may be possible, at least from a power concept standpoint as CoH had the Energy Blast and Beam Rifle power sets. Since "gun arms" are found in some forms of fiction it is possible to make them work in H&V for the Tactical Rifle and various Grenade Launcher power sets as well.
We'll see how things go.
You're really gonna want that cowbell. :P
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Golden Girl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Exo-Buster wrote:As a Metroid superfan I was just wondering if it could be possible for Arm Cannons to be usable as a kind of weapon. I always felt they were one of the things (besides spears/war machine style shoulder mounted weapons/wrist guns) that City of Heroes was really lacking in terms of costume options. I'm not sure if they should be an entire power set (probably one that's something of a reference to metroid; I.E a large amount of ranged attacks of varying different energy types and of course missiles, and perhaps a trick arrow esque utility arm cannon weapon set) or if they could just be an aesthetic option for the long-arm power sets like grenade launchers, energy rifles, and assault rifles.

An arm cannon could be quite doable in the form of customizable anchor points for power casting points - like being able to choose to have an energy beam come from a costume part instead of the hand.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Exo-Buster » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:27 am

Golden Girl wrote:
Exo-Buster wrote:As a Metroid superfan I was just wondering if it could be possible for Arm Cannons to be usable as a kind of weapon. I always felt they were one of the things (besides spears/war machine style shoulder mounted weapons/wrist guns) that City of Heroes was really lacking in terms of costume options. I'm not sure if they should be an entire power set (probably one that's something of a reference to metroid; I.E a large amount of ranged attacks of varying different energy types and of course missiles, and perhaps a trick arrow esque utility arm cannon weapon set) or if they could just be an aesthetic option for the long-arm power sets like grenade launchers, energy rifles, and assault rifles.

An arm cannon could be quite doable in the form of customizable anchor points for power casting points - like being able to choose to have an energy beam come from a costume part instead of the hand.

I'd imagine that animations for Arm Cannons would probably take more than a small bit of inspiration from the way that Samus Aran moves and shoots in the Metroid games given that she's probably the most well known figure to wield an Arm cannon to the average video game player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVXFeCO4A4

Fast, fluid, and agile. Though I'd also advise having an alternate arm cannon animation set for people who prefer to feel more like a walking tank than a future ninja that has less flashy movements and more ponderous big heavy shots.

Hrm...now that I think of it I think I have the basic of ideas for "futuristic weapon" power sets.

On that note I think a "Titan ranged weapon" power set (Like Heavy Machine Guns, Miniguns, the BFG 9000 and other such heavy weapons) would also be pretty cool; perhaps split into some further sub categories. I.E, a bullet hose set, a plasma cannon set, a rocket launcher set etc.
Time to get the hell out of Dodge.
Exo-Buster

Previous

Return to Character Creation and Appearance