Muscles and Pre-adults

Developing the charatcer creation process in Heroes and Villains

Muscles and Pre-adults

Unread postby Genesis Soldier » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:34 pm

I have been pondering this for quite some time.

The one thing that really bothered me about the CoX character creator was that on males, even if you set their physique to the lowest setting, they still had bulging muscular growth on their bodies. Sometimes, heroes and villains aren't completely muscle-bound men that bench 400lbs with one arm each day to help stay in shape. Sometimes, they have somewhat fragile bodies, but can deal their damage from afar, handle minions, or even support their groups.

My point in that is it would be nice in HaV to be able to make a male character with little or even no muscle development.

Now, for the next part, it was also a bit of a pet peeve of mine in CoX that you couldn't have a character that wasn't an adult. Those who have watched Cartoon Network (specifically, Teen Titans) know that not all heroes or villains are adults. There have been a fair amount of teenagers that are also heroes or villains. Of course, in CoX, you could make your character short and give them a "young" face to make them LOOK like they were a bit more childish, but in retrospect, it was simply a midget-type adult.

That being all said and done, I wanted to voice my vision and opinions on it, but also open it up to other posters who may have their own ideas, opinions, etc.

--GS
Genesis Soldier

Re: Muscles and Pre-adults

Unread postby Golden Girl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:44 pm

The extreme meshes currently being worked on will allow for quite thin charatcers, as well as quite overweight ones.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Kettera » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 pm

GG, would there be an age option for the game, or is it decided by build? So like If someone wanted to make an adolescent , they could make a smaller character size?

Unread postby Golden Girl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:13 pm

There currently arn't any plans for an age option, but the scaling and morphing sliders will allow player to make younger looking characters than was possible in CoH.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Genesis Soldier » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Golden Girl wrote:There currently arn't any plans for an age option, but the scaling and morphing sliders will allow player to make younger looking characters than was possible in CoH.

Ahh. Good.

This makes me very happy to hear. :mrgreen:

Also happy about the muscle thing. Stick figures FTW! :lol:
Genesis Soldier

Unread postby Rist » Sat May 04, 2013 6:46 pm

That system will work great if you want to create a fat criminal mastermind :)
Rist

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat May 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Very fat morphs would create animation problems, so for now, it's best to anticipate that the weight slider will make your characters somewhat pudgy rather than obese.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Nitra » Tue May 14, 2013 3:02 pm

lol too funny
It's better to save the mystery, than surrender to the secret...
Nitra

Return to Character Creation and Appearance