travel power editor

Developing the charatcer creation process in Heroes and Villains

travel power editor

Unread postby wikid » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 am

one thing Ive always wanted to see in a super hero mmo is a travel power editor where you can edit how your travel power looks when you use it

for example lets say you have fly well after making your character or what ever you can choose the stance you use while floating normal maybe its just a heroic arms crossed stance maybe you just float normal like you did in coh or what ever there is also the stance for when you are actually flying maybe its the superman flight maybe its something like goku in dragon ball z or iron man stiff as a board then there is the aura or streak you leave behind be cool if you had fire powers and when you go in to flight you burst in to flames like human torch or if you have a blue costume you can choose to leave a blue streak like super man does it would be great to see this cause i don't think everyone would fly the same way or have the same look if we could actually fly in real life so be nice to be able to change how i look in game while using fly or super speed or what ever be good for teleport as well maybe you could have a ninja vanish teleport or an electric burst doing this would also save on adding in new travel powers like co is doing instead of having 20 different flys can just do this editor
wikid

Re: trevel power editor

Unread postby Golden Girl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:58 am

Rather than a special travel power editor, this sort of thing would likely be part of the general power customization system, where animations and effects could be swapped around.
Golden Girl

Unread postby wikid » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:52 pm

that's what i was meaning which sounds a lot better when you say it lol
wikid

Unread postby JJohnson » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:00 pm

I'd definitely enjoy editing my travel powers. So if I'm running, I get an after-image blur in the main colors of my costume, like the Flash, or maybe even electric sparks, flames, ice, water for elemental heroes, or maybe 'magic multi-color sparkles' for magic heroes. If I'm flying you see the flight trail with that behind me; ditto for jumping powers.

I can imagine it pretty well, and it'd be great to finally get to when this game is released.
JJohnson

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:52 pm

JJohnson wrote:I'd definitely enjoy editing my travel powers. So if I'm running, I get an after-image blur in the main colors of my costume, like the Flash, or maybe even electric sparks, flames, ice, water for elemental heroes, or maybe 'magic multi-color sparkles' for magic heroes. If I'm flying you see the flight trail with that behind me; ditto for jumping powers.

I can imagine it pretty well, and it'd be great to finally get to when this game is released.

I'm pretty sure we'll get effects like these as they were in CoH. Personally, I'm also hoping for additional effects for teleportation and possibly even ground distortion effects for Super Jumping.
You're really gonna want that cowbell. :P
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Gypsy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:08 am

Ohh! Teleporting with a puff of smoke like Nightcrawler would be sweet!
Gypsy

Return to Character Creation and Appearance