Powers & Abilities & Costumes!

Developing the charatcer creation process in Heroes and Villains

Powers & Abilities & Costumes!

Unread postby Wizzyboy294 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Hey Admin and creater of heroes -and- villains, i asked if you could have the same powers like this video trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI231xixWjw

On power show stop in 0:52 and then watch the rest and do the same :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and will the costume sets will be like coh? its nicely if you do like the video and coh :P
Wizzyboy294

Re: Powers & Abilities & Costumes!

Unread postby Golden Girl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:28 pm

We have ideas for all kinds of powers and costumes - although our first priority is to proivde powers and costumes that allow players to create similar types of characters to the ones they had in CoH, so that means that you'll see some form of ice blasting powers before you see any magnetic powers, for example.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Wizzyboy294 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Golden Girl wrote:We have ideas for all kinds of powers and costumes - although our first priority is to proivde powers and costumes that allow players to create similar types of characters to the ones they had in CoH, so that means that you'll see some form of ice blasting powers before you see any magnetic powers, for example.

i Now really love you! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wizzyboy294

Unread postby JJohnson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:30 am

That is totally awesome. I'm glad to hear this (just restating it, since I read this months ago). I'm definitely looking forward to recreating my claw/regen scrapper and my energy/energy blaster, and getting back to superhero-ing all over the city!
JJohnson

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:07 pm

I haven't seen that video for a while now. Judging by the user interface I'm guessing that was a demonstration from early to mid alpha phase of the game.
Of that original power list most everything on it should be in HaV in some form, or is at least being looked into, except for shape shifting. With appearances and shapes not really being tied to one's powers it just isn't feasible for implementation beyond temporary player buffs, debuffs and special costumes. Light Control, on the other hand, should make an appearance in HaV in some form.

I notice that the Cryptic Studios billboards made it all the way to the live game. I was thinking . . . why not do the same for Plan Z Studios? This is just a thought of course but why not have something of Plan Z Studios within the game at some point. Cryptic had that Easter egg rec room in Faultline but no actual office/s despite the large Cryptic billboards. I think it'd be neat to have a "fictional" office for Plan Z somewhere in HaV at some point in its lifetime. In this manner all the developers could have a virtual version of themselves within the game they helped build. It could even be taken farther, if desired, with these virtual versions being the actual secret identies of in-game signature characters. For example: The virtual Plan Z game studio could actually hide the secret base for a group of heroes, villains or rogues or some other type of special organization.

Who would ever suspect such a thing? 8-)
You're really gonna want that cowbell. :P
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Golden Girl » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm not totally sure, but I have a feeling that light powers and shapeshifting were pulled from launch and reconfigured into the two Kheldian ATs.
Golden Girl

Unread postby JJohnson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 pm

I was looking through the most recent announcement and it was really cool. I had a few ideas / questions coming off of it:

Energy:
-quick shot energy ball - one-handed energy ball toss, like a one-handed hadouken
-medium-energy ball - two-handed, like a hadouken/kamehameha
-giga-energy ball - long-charge energy ball, you see energy flowing in like it's being ripped from the air, and a massive energy ball (final power unlocked)
-energy wave - charge energy into both hands, discharged like two crosses (jab/cross, or reverse punches), so there is a swirling energy wave; or, cross your arms in front of you, pull back out to each side, creating a horizontal wave of energy
-ground slam - knockback, light damage, wave of energy cascades in a circle from the hero.
-linear ground punch - you punch the ground, and a line of energy races towards the target, exploding right in front of them for moderate damage and knockback. (you see this in video games and anime)

Fire/Water/Ice/Electric -
-elemental quick shot - little one-handed fireball/iceball/water-ball
-medium energy shot - two-hands
-big shot - two hands, longer charge time
-clear the field - desperation move, when your energy gets low, you get angry and your power explodes, knocking back all your foes, giving you a chance to either escape or recover. The effect is a dome of fire/ice/water/electricity radiating outward from you (effect like in any video game/anime)
-linear ground punch - like for energy
-fire/etc) trap - trap your foe in a cage of fire/etc. that they can't escape from, dealing a little fire damage
-fire sword - pick your own style of fire sword, but short-range melee weapon that also deals elemental damage
-fire swirl - imagine swinging a huge rope of fire, that gets larger and faster, dealing fire damage to your foes, and keeping them away from you. You can't move while doing it, but it gives your friends/allies a chance to heal/recover/cast. (same as ice/water/electric/energy swirl)
-wave - wave of water/fire/energy flows across the ground like water, crashing against multiple foes
-eye blast - shoot fire/electricity/energy out of your eyes. Limited only because shooting water/ice would be kind of weird.

Ultra Moves: a final move that takes all your energy, a long time to cast, but devastates your foes in a battle. Only for high level heroes who've mastered their powers (i.e. have taken all the powers in their primary/secondary power sets)
-omega blast - your ultra move. Long cast time, cool energy/elemental swirls from the air and veins of energy/elements from the ground, flowing into you. Looks like a mini-explosion that expands rapidly outward. Burns any enemy/electrocutes/ or freezes/extinguishes foes it encounters. Coats the area in ice for a little bit of slickness against the enemy.
-phoenix - call a huge bird of fire to attack. your ultra move.
-dragon - call a huge (chinese or european) dragon made of fire/ice/water/electricity/energy to devastate your foes.
-hands - call a huge hand made of fire/ice/energy/water/electricity to slam your foe. Something like in the Mummy.

I'm sure you've got things well planned out, but I'd love to see two or three casting options for how we actually cast our moves. It'd add variety and individuality to see one fire blaster do a hadouken, while another just punches forward to shoot a fireball, and another hero just shoots fire from his eyes.
JJohnson

Unread postby Golden Girl » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:45 pm

We're definitely going to have a much wider selection of alternative animations for powers than CoH had - although the variety is unlikely to be there at launch.
Golden Girl

Unread postby DisturbedOne21 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:58 am

Sorry for necro but there was this costume i used in the game which was pretty awesome since it was perfect. it was a tattered jeans, a hoodie and i managed to turn my character pitch black. (Basically my avatar) i was a big fan of Disturbed and i thought considering my powers were Fire and Darkness it seemed perfect. Anyway CO also allowed me to make this character and maybe the hood and the tattered jeans would be included into the costume costumizer. Also liked the alien muscle from CO. The only problem i had with CO and CoH was that i couldn't perfect it because i couldn't find a toothy grin. Eitherway i would definitely like to see tattered jean and hoodie.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy" - The Joker (Batman: The Killing Joke)

Always found Insane characters as awesome creations of the minds that made them the way they are. May them be a villain like Joker, an Anti-Hero like Deadpool. Hell Batman is something of a reluctant psycho. Either way, Uncle Ben might say with great power comes great responsibly. I'm more of a believer of the term with Great power comes great insanity. And yes i read tvtropes a lot.

OC Character: Daniel Cray AKA Disturbed Guy/The Black Death/The Grin (depending on which names would be active)
Born on 455 AD
Nationality: Roman
Origin: Magic
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Powers: Fire/Darkness
DisturbedOne21

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:39 pm

Tattered clothing is somewhat simpler to make than other types, as it's simply taking and copying an existing non-tattered clothing item, and then adding wear and tear to it.
Golden Girl

Next

Return to Character Creation and Appearance