Procedural ORIGIN STORY Creator

Developing the charatcer creation process in Heroes and Villains

Procedural ORIGIN STORY Creator

Unread postby Midnight_Hour » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 pm

I would love to design a procedural "Origin Story Creator" that randomly generates the text describing the origin of your hero or villain, based on several player-selected parameters.

These parameters would be the choices the player selects during the Character Creation Process, as well as some Narrative-specific factors that the Origin Creator would have as options.

The end result would be text added to your character's Background or "Origin" Tab, which could be editable by the player.
Midnight_Hour

Re: Procedural ORIGIN STORY Creator

Unread postby Golden Girl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:06 pm

The sheer diversity of a comic book universe makes it quite hard to make something like that without it turning out to be very generic and bland - but without giving away too many details, I can say that the origin stage of the character creator in HaV involves more than just choosing the origin of your power, and it has a bigger effect on the game than it had in CoH.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Midnight_Hour » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 pm

That sounds promising!
Midnight_Hour

Unread postby JJohnson » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:44 am

I like a more personable origin. I had a character, X-23, that was a claws/regen hero, that escaped from Cray in CoH. She was designed as a spy/assassin but wanted more from life. It would be great if there were a way to set a particular villain group as your main enemy, and create a few villains that would be your nemesis, and somehow 'relive' your origin story in a mission.

With this, if I set Archibald Industries, for example, as my creator and now nemesis, I will have their minions try to attack me on the street, maybe have the occasional team-up and 'truce period' of no attacks for a few days of game time, and maybe some infiltration missions into AI, and down the line, take down the entire company in an epic battle.
JJohnson

Unread postby Greyhawk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:55 am

Golden Girl wrote:The sheer diversity of a comic book universe makes it quite hard to make something like that without it turning out to be very generic and bland - but without giving away too many details, I can say that the origin stage of the character creator in HaV involves more than just choosing the origin of your power, and it has a bigger effect on the game than it had in CoH.

Another tantalizing hint!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My author page at Amazon.com:
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B000APIPZC?r ... 0_33951330
Greyhawk

Return to Character Creation and Appearance