Funding idea

General discussion related to Heroes and Villains

Funding idea

Unread postby gruegirl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:35 pm

I know we want to crowdsource the game. In addition I'd suggest trying to get into the Extra Credits Indie Fund.

For those of you who don't know, Extra Credits is an ongoing webseries who's artist suffered an injury and needed shoulder surgery. They crowdsourced her surgery and got FAR more then they needed, they moved the overflow into a fund to aid indie game development. It won't be our only source of funding, but it might be a good way to get things kicked off.
Eternity lies ahead of us and behind. Have you drank your fill?
-Planet

Testing Specs:
CPU: 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)
RAM: 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: nVidia GT 650M 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
Net Connection: 4MBPS (burst) Cable Modem via 802.11N Wifi

Email/googletalk: Blackgrue@Gmail.com
MSN: Borggrue@hotmail.com
YIM: Borggrue
AIM: Brggrue
gruegirl

Re: Funding idea

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

That's one of the options that we're looking at for funding the middle and later stages of development.
Golden Girl

Unread postby parkergreen » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:06 am

My experience has been from my own MMO project was that in order to get money you need to have the following as functional as possible:

- A secure client/server architecture (HE does the heavy lifting for you on this)
- An established, consistent art direction
- A character creation system and one or two "classes"
- A working combat system
- A single "zone" with playable content to last about an hour.
- And of course, that content should be capable of immersing the potential investor (but not be an "infodump".)
parkergreen

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:43 am

parkergreen wrote:My experience has been from my own MMO project was that in order to get money you need to have the following as functional as possible:

- A secure client/server architecture (HE does the heavy lifting for you on this)
- An established, consistent art direction
- A character creation system and one or two "classes"
- A working combat system
- A single "zone" with playable content to last about an hour.
- And of course, that content should be capable of immersing the potential investor (but not be an "infodump".)

Those are generally the targets I'd be looking at too - right now, we're in phase 1 of development - that's going to last until we've met targets similar to the ones you listed - after that, we start the fund raising and move on to phase 2, which will be using the money raised to expand on what we've done in phase 1.

For the kind of game we're building, I'd also put a lot of focus on making sure that the character creation system was suitably impressive as that would be a key part of getting the interest and attention of the target audeince we're making the game for.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Red Warlock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Hey, I was looking for a place on the website to make a financial contribution. Is the effort taking contributions? If so, it would be great if the website would make it easier to find out how to contribute...

I was thinking of paying what I was paying COH in my monthly contribution to this effort to help get it off the ground. Do you guys have anything set up like that?
Red Warlock

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Currently, there isn't a donation option - we wouldn't want to accept money until we have a solid technical foundation to show potential contibuters that the project is fully up and running.
Golden Girl

Unread postby strawberryelric » Tue May 14, 2013 4:09 pm

The question was raised in my head a week or two ago. Can you ensure that the money later on will solely be going into the project, and game for further upgrades made by the people really contributing? How is that going to work out, I'm very curious is all.

There's always the suspicion of one person possibly using the money for personal gain. (Dare I mention the NERO incident with funding along with several other organizations that this may have happened to).
Now I'm not saying that it will happen, I feel more trust into this project than others I've seen. I'd just like to know if the money will only be used for the game to keep it going and improving.
I've been a player of CoH/CoV for several years.. It was an on and off relationship.
Now it feels like it's my turn to help out the Coh community.
strawberryelric

Unread postby Golden Girl » Tue May 14, 2013 7:38 pm

The easiest way to reassure players would be to publish complete monthly figures for every cent the project earned, along with a detailed breakdown of what that money was spent on.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:54 am

I'm having a bit of a disagreement with someone on Plan Z's Facebook page. I'm hoping you can clear things up.

Are you, OR the Studio, accepting donations through The Titan Network https://cohtitan.com/ for the work currently being done on the game?

Since I started coming to this site back in 2013 I've heard (read) no mention of donations coming from that site. I also recall that the Kickstarter won't be launched until the game reaches about 70-80% completion so I always figured that included any type of donations too.

Can you shed some light on this issue?
You're really gonna want that cowbell. :P
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Golden Girl » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:52 am

Is this on the official Plan Z page, or another one? I've not noticed any conversation about donations on our official page at all.
Golden Girl

Next

Return to General Discussion