Animation General Discussion

Developing the 3D models, environments and animations of Heroes and Villains

Re: Animtion General Discussion

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat May 18, 2013 1:08 pm

strawberryelric wrote:Could we use the Maya Student version? I believe it's free for three years if I'm correct. (I've started using Blender, despite what I've heard of how 'terrible' it is).

Maya or Max stuent versions are fine - and Blender is "terrible" compared to them in the same way that Gimp is "terrible" compared ro Photshop.

And would it be bad if perhaps a couple of the animators could talk to people interested in helping with animation? (I figured, if people were sincere in learning the programs on their own time to help out, it would be nice to get some help from someone with more experience). We're all putting some sort of effort into this if we can.

Currently, our animation volunteers are all at the learning stage too, so I'm not sure how much help they'd be for you.
Golden Girl

Unread postby strawberryelric » Sat May 18, 2013 8:38 pm

And would it be bad if perhaps a couple of the animators could talk to people interested in helping with animation? (I figured, if people were sincere in learning the programs on their own time to help out, it would be nice to get some help from someone with more experience). We're all putting some sort of effort into this if we can.

Currently, our animation volunteers are all at the learning stage too, so I'm not sure how much help they'd be for you.

Is there a list of all of the animators? I think if there were a question to come up, at least one person might be able to answer or help someone out.
I've been a player of CoH/CoV for several years.. It was an on and off relationship.
Now it feels like it's my turn to help out the Coh community.
strawberryelric

Unread postby Merc with a mouth » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:05 am

Does the animation look similar to COH at this point?
Merc with a mouth

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 am

We haven't started any major animation work yet, so it's hard to say.
Golden Girl

Previous

Return to World-Building - Modeling and Animation (Archived)