Friday Update #280

The latest news and information about Heroes and Villains

Friday Update #280

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 am

This week we’ve been doing some more coding work on our basic pets system, including the first set of commands for them.

We currently have 6 pet commands – one to make the pet stand guard, one to make it attack a selected target, one to completely dismiss it, one to make it follow the player, one to make it come to the player’s current position, and one to cancel its attack – so we have pretty much covered the pet commands available to player sin ‘City of Heroes’.

However, as with every other aspect of the game, we’re using CoH as a starting point and not as a final goal, so just matching the number of pet commands that CoH had isn’t the end for us, and we have a number of additional pet commands being planned and developed too, so that we can offer players even more variety and choices.

Have a heroic/villainous weekend!

The Heroes and Villains team
Golden Girl

Re: Friday Update #280

Unread postby plinkyplonk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:35 am

I so loved my Masterminds and can't wait to see what you have done. Demon summoning was by far the best IMO. And that whip though! :p
plinkyplonk

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:51 am

I never played Masterminds, but they were one of the signature features of CoH, so it's important that we provide players with a similar option.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Rigger » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 pm

I loved my Mastermind, but my friends complained that my robots blocked doors and hallways all the time, making them impassible. Are we handling collision detection differently?
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Unread postby Thazager » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 am

Currently, players can pass thru other players and all npcs. On some games they even have ways of clicking right thru your character and others like pets. Will hopefully have those options here.
HaV Lead Programmer/scripter
Thazager

Unread postby Rigger » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Thazager wrote:Currently, players can pass thru other players and all npcs. On some games they even have ways of clicking right thru your character and others like pets. Will hopefully have those options here.

Yay! It's not as immersive, but it solves a lot of problems.
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Return to News and Announcements