Side idea: Pandora integration

Developing the client for Heroes and Villains

Side idea: Pandora integration

Unread postby gruegirl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:36 am

No MMO is going to have music awesome enough to stand up to being heard dozens of times. I tend to have pandora running in the background, perhaps we could integrate pandora functionality into the client?
Eternity lies ahead of us and behind. Have you drank your fill?
-Planet

Testing Specs:
CPU: 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)
RAM: 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: nVidia GT 650M 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
Net Connection: 4MBPS (burst) Cable Modem via 802.11N Wifi

Email/googletalk: Blackgrue@Gmail.com
MSN: Borggrue@hotmail.com
YIM: Borggrue
AIM: Brggrue
gruegirl

Re: Side idea: Pandora integration

Unread postby Frost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm

I like the idea - or have an embedded mp3 player that can play from your mp3 folder (or a specified folder). I have seen this in an MMO before but I can't remember which one...
Frost

Unread postby gruegirl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Frost wrote:I like the idea - or have an embedded mp3 player that can play from your mp3 folder (or a specified folder). I have seen this in an MMO before but I can't remember which one...

Champions and STO. Neither of them have pandora though.
Eternity lies ahead of us and behind. Have you drank your fill?
-Planet

Testing Specs:
CPU: 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)
RAM: 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: nVidia GT 650M 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
Net Connection: 4MBPS (burst) Cable Modem via 802.11N Wifi

Email/googletalk: Blackgrue@Gmail.com
MSN: Borggrue@hotmail.com
YIM: Borggrue
AIM: Brggrue
gruegirl

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 pm

If there's no performance hit, then I don't see anything against this idea - although we will be amking a big effort to make sure that the score of Heroes and Villains is suitably epic and worth repeated listening.
Golden Girl

Unread postby MondoCool » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:33 pm

An integrated browser, like Awesomium, would be a great addition to the game. EVE Online and The Secret World did it, and even City of Heroes had one for their Paragon Market (but, despite having no address bar, I could easily each Google through some link magic.) If it's possible, allow hyperlinks in chat to open up in an in-game browser.
MondoCool

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Thaty's another good idea - it helps build on the concept of an MMO not just being a game, but also a social tool - we could also look at the idea of allowing players to uplaod screenshots directly from the game to the forum.
Golden Girl

Unread postby MondoCool » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Golden Girl wrote:Thaty's another good idea - it helps build on the concept of an MMO not just being a game, but also a social tool - we could also look at the idea of allowing players to uplaod screenshots directly from the game to the forum.

There you go. Especially considering the fact that more and more 'casual' players are getting into MMOs, providing as much social media functionality as possible would be beneficial. A browser would be the absolute least you could do; adding the possibility to be able to post things to Twitter or Facebook or something to that regard would not only make it easier for those that want to do that, but also potentially act as a way to spread the word about the game. Some indie games have earned tens of millions of dollars in profit just through word-of-mouth advertisement.
MondoCool

Return to Client (Archived)