Alright QA time to rise and shine

A home for old threads.

Alright QA time to rise and shine

Unread postby gruegirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 am

Okay all you QA cats, I've been tasked with coordinating the lot of you. We're approaching a playable pre-alpha build and so I'm going to set up some groundwork.

First off, GoldenGirl has requested each of us put our testing specs in our siglines. I'd ask that anyone doing QA do so.

Second of all, I need to know if any of you have had QA experience (professionally or Beta-testing) prior to this.

Thirdly, I'm working with Thazager on specifications for what the Code division need for their bug reports. As soon as I have it I'll post templates.

Remember: We're not here to play games and have fun... okay we are here to play games. We're here to break this game and then talk about when, where, why, and most importantly *HOW* we broke them. That is our job, and we want to be damned good at it. Can I get a hurrah up in here?
Eternity lies ahead of us and behind. Have you drank your fill?
-Planet

Testing Specs:
CPU: 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)
RAM: 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: nVidia GT 650M 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
Net Connection: 4MBPS (burst) Cable Modem via 802.11N Wifi

Email/googletalk: Blackgrue@Gmail.com
MSN: Borggrue@hotmail.com
YIM: Borggrue
AIM: Brggrue
gruegirl

Re: Alright QA time to rise and shine

Unread postby Omni » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:19 am

hurrah.

1st. Is there a way for me to find all of my Tech/Testing Specs? I tend to forgot stuff so i never really bother to check before.

2nd. Almost no QA Exp, i've played a few of betas and i always look around to see if somethings wrong(from Beta to PostRe).

Also anyone know a good screen capture(Free or Buy), i've seen ads on youtube about something called EZVid and wonder if its any good. I tend to "lack" words for things i need to say so i think it would be easier if i could make videos to show how i break something.

I will try to use my words when i can but it may end up confusing anyone that listens or reads my words.
I am Omni, Logic is my Primary way of thinking.
CoH Global was: @Omni-Nogard

Testing Specs: High End.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor/CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory/RAM: 16384MB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Omni

Unread postby Thazager » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 am

I use Screenhunter, its free at http://screenhunter-free.soft32.com/fre ... nQoduz0ABg

Many parts are in, however not fully complete.
Some of the sections will give you full access (for testing) no matter which level you are.
HaV Lead Programmer/scripter
Thazager

Unread postby TDGeorge » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:14 am

Glad to do some testing. I was selected to beta test a number of CoX issues and The Witcher. I have also done contract QA testing for BellSouth (ESSX Order Management System (EOMS) software).
My PC specs: Quad Core Q9450 (2.66GHz), 8 gig ram, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 2 500 gig HDs, CD/DVD reader/writer, GeForce GTX 960 (4 gig), Monitor Resolution 1920x1200, DirectX 11, Network Connection Wired DSL.
TDGeorge

Unread postby gruegirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Omni wrote:hurrah.

1st. Is there a way for me to find all of my Tech/Testing Specs? I tend to forgot stuff so i never really bother to check before.

Best way is to open your windows start menu and type DXDIAG into the find bar, assuming you're using a newer windows. If it's an older windows use the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and do new-task and put the same thing.
-Planet

Testing Specs:
CPU: 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)

gruegirl

Unread postby Omni » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Found everything but the net connection. I'll put in my Sig sometime today but here's what it will look like atm, might try something with the layout of it bey the time i put it in the sig.

(Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660)
I am Omni, Logic is my Primary way of thinking.
CoH Global was: @Omni-Nogard

Testing Specs: High End.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Omni

Unread postby TDGeorge » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:14 am

gruegirl: Are you going to post a download link for testing or send PMs/emails with a DL link? :?:

Can't wait to get started. Thanks in advance!
My PC specs: Quad Core Q9450 (2.66GHz), 8 gig ram, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 2 500 gig HDs, CD/DVD reader/writer, GeForce GTX 960 (4 gig), Monitor Resolution 1920x1200, DirectX 11, Network Connection Wired DSL.
TDGeorge

Unread postby Golden Girl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:09 am

This early QA work will be starting soon-ish - we're just finalizing a few more parts of the basic tech features. This particular stage is more about getting a wider selection of rigs/connections to experience the non-optimized envrionmental test area to help pinpoint where optimization needs to be made first.
Golden Girl

Unread postby gruegirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Golden Girl wrote:This early QA work will be starting soon-ish - we're just finalizing a few more parts of the basic tech features. This particular stage is more about getting a wider selection of rigs/connections to experience the non-optimized envrionmental test area to help pinpoint where optimization needs to be made first.

Don't forget also organizational bookkeeping which I'm doing here. As soon as we A: Have something to actually test, and B: have the whole team ready to go and aware of what their responsibilities entail. Then I'll ensure the whole team get download-links.
-Planet

Testing Specs:

gruegirl

Unread postby TDGeorge » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:56 pm

That works for me.

I seem to recall someone mentioning a bug report template (?) or something similar (don't quite remember now). Has that been finalized?
TDGeorge

Next

Return to General Thread Archive