Alright QA time to rise and shine

A home for old threads.

Re: Alright QA time to rise and shine

Unread postby Golden Girl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:45 pm

You've not missed any major QA work - it's been very target so far, with the self-testing on what we've been doing, so there's been no need for a larger QA team yet.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Darkaiser » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Make sure to let us know please!
Darkaiser

Unread postby Golden Girl » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:01 pm

We will - once we move on to more complex work that can't be easily self-tested, we'll bring in more testers.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Azrael » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:58 pm

I have played Coh from the very early days.

Played Eve, Conan and looked over other morgs.

Was in on the C.O. Beta.

I have a top of the line iMac quad with nvidia 680mx and 8 gigs of ram. Running win 7 in boot camp.

If you need some pre-alpha Q.A testing let me know.

Best wishes,

Azrael.
Azrael

Unread postby Warwall » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:28 am

I would be very interested in any alpha/beta testing I can help with. As far as MMOs go I have beta tested CoH (and later CoV), SWTOR, Defiance and Wild Star. I have also beta tested non-MMOs, and currently have been in Hearthstone closed beta since last year (just went into open beta for anyone interested).
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
530 @ 2.93GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
DL 28-30mbps
UL 5-6mbps
Warwall

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:02 am

We'll make sure everyone is aware of our alpha testing once it starts.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Orion » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Please add me in. I have an up to date system running Windows 7, and I have written multiple technical-based and sales-based QnA documents for the products that I am responsible for. I have also participated in CoH/V and SWTOR betas. I am willing to do quality QnA work above and beyond just running alphas for fun.
Orion

Unread postby TheElad23 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:02 am

So for records sake specs are in sig. I have done minor QA with Sony was trained in the way they do bug reporting as well. Among what i have done alpha/beta wise AuraKingdom, Hearthstone closed beta, Technical Alpha for Heroes of the Storm, Firefall, Diablo 3, prison Architect, Nether, Archeblade, Minecraft since early alpha, Elder Scrolls Online, there are more im sure but im drawing a blank at the moment.

In Terms of online gaming in an mmo i have played many WoW, loong, Argo, Perfectworld, 9 Dragons, Guild Wars 2 and the first ones, Tera, DCUO, Elsword, RO2, STO, Defiance, Scarlet Blade, Dragons Prophet, project powder, LoL, S4League, Marvel Heroes, Planetside 2, Super Monday Night Combat, it goes on but i think i should stop there.

Looking forward to when I can help. Will we be notified by our Email? Just would like to know ahead of time. On a side note looking to get a new computer here soon with much stronger power behind it.
Operating System:Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1), CPU Type:Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, CPU Speed:2.22 GHz, System Memory:8.5 GB, Video Card Model:NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M, Video Card Memory:2.85 GB, Video Card Driver:nvumdshim.dll, Desktop Resolution:1920x1080, Hard Disk Size:640.13 GB, Hard Disk Free Space:128.21 GB (20%),
Download Speed:265.51 kB/s (2.1 mbps)
TheElad23

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

Yes, once a larger QA pool is neeed, we'll let the people who've signed up know about it.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Thazager » Sun May 18, 2014 3:47 pm

There will be a slight change from how other companies use Quality Assurance to test, to how we use them to build quality code. Many companies see that beta testers don't really test, they try to get a view ahead on what is happening in the game and how to get a huge head start over other players, and they have their QA people do the testing so that some of it gets done, before they open the game with some errors, and have to make a quick patch.
HaV Lead Programmer/scripter
Thazager

PreviousNext

Return to General Thread Archive