Launch Date??

A home for old threads.

Launch Date??

Unread postby Minerva17 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:42 am

Do we have a possible launch date, or WAAAAY too early to tell or give an estimate?
Minerva17

Re: Launch Date??

Unread postby Golden Girl » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:18 am

As a volunteer project, it's pretty much impossible to give even rough estimates for something like this.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Minerva17 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:31 am

Alright, we understand
Minerva17

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Any projections for an alpha or early beta?
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Golden Girl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:23 am

That's also hard to say, because alphas can be judged in different ways -which is important, as we're currently hoisted on the HeroEngine development servers, and can't move to the HeroEngine alpha servers until we've met the requirements they set for an alpha build - alpha testing obviously means a big increase in bandwidth use, so they don't just let projects declare themselves to be alpha ready unless they actually are.

The 2 main types of alphas are horizontal game slice,s and vertical game slices - a horizontal slice for us would be all of the city environment completed, but only about 5 levels of content, while a vertical slice would be some of the city completed, but one full leveling path 1-50.
Both of these have pros and cons - the horizontal slice has the pros of not requiring that much mission content, enemy groups or completed power sets, but the con of requiring a vast amount of environmental art - the vertical slice has the pro of needing much less environmental art, but the con of needing a full 1-50 leveling mission path, enemy groups to populate it, and at least one completed primary and secondary power set.

Right now, we haven't decided which of these 2 approaches we'll aim for.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:49 am

Sorry to do this, but I'm kinda curious.

I think it's safe to assume pretty much every developer has a goal for launch. I know it won't be this year. What I'm curious about is what kind of goal you're setting for yourselves for HaV. Are we looking at something for late 2014 or do you think it'll be 2015 at the very least before we can expect a realistic launch date?

I will accept "At this point we still don't know" as an answer. I know game designing takes time, and manpower and resources can change daily. I'm just hoping for a projection, even if that projection is two years away. I've waited for games before and I can wait again.

Thanks.
I'll try not to ask again.
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:13 am

All I can really say right now is that it won't launch in 2013 :P
2014 would be the absolute earliest for any kind of alpha or beta testing.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Good enough. Much appreciated.
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Risky Kisses » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Sorry, but I just HAVE to poke this thread and wake it up. Really feeling nostalgic for CoH today, everything I play still pales to that wonderful little gem.

SO... any new news, or any news at all about HaV's possibilities?
Risky Kisses

Unread postby Golden Girl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Well, we posted our most recent Friday Update in the News section - but we're still not at a stage where we can give even a vague estimate for the launch date.
Golden Girl

Next

Return to General Thread Archive