Possible Name Change?

Developing the NPC characters in the game

Possible Name Change?

Unread postby Minerva17 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Sorry about the radio silence and not posting in a while, but I'm back and have a suggestion if you guys are humble enough to listen. While reading over the Princess Zandra's bio, I couldn't help but think that while as cool as a name as it is, there are other possibilities to explore.

I was thinking that perhaps because of her acting as a bridge between both humans and the kingdom of Atlantis, she takes the heroic identity of Marina. A Marina is traditionally a dock where ships can take harbor and rest, or in this case, a canal between the land and the sea.

I hope I am not rocking the boat by posting this, and if the suggestion is not taken, I at the very least thank you for looking it over! :D
Minerva17

Re: Possible Name Change?

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:56 pm

She may also have a secret identity ;)
Golden Girl

Unread postby Minerva17 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:12 pm

And curse me for not thinking of that! :D And by the way, great to see you again GG, I will try to get back to eagerly posting soon.

But now you have me curious...does she work at Red Lobster for a cover? ;)
Minerva17

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:20 pm

We've not finalized that detail yet :P

But as part of her duties involves monitoring the surface dwellers' attitude towards her people - which is not always totally favorable, as an underwater nation of superpowered beings almost on American's Atlantic doorstep can make some people a little nervous - her secret identity would be something that would let her mingle with normal humans a lot.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Minerva17 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Hmmm, I'm getting the vibe of a Public Ambassador, Representative of Atlantis, something along those lines. And if you don't mind me asking, What else can you tell me about her? I believe she is my favorite heroine from HaV at the moment. :D
Minerva17

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:30 am

Well, her powers are inborn - the Atlanteans are the descendants of the Titan Atlas, so as beings that could be thought of as semi-divine, that gives them superhuman strength, speed, agility and invulnerability - and in the past 12,000 years since Atlantis sank, they've also developed the ability to breath underwater, although they don't actually live in water - their cities and settlements are dry, and are covered in great domes of unbreakable crystal glass to keep the ocean out.
As the crown princess of Atlantis and heir to its throne, she's also expected to lead them in battle if they ever need to fight, so her inborn powers have been boosted by intensive warrior training, making her stand out even among the other Atlantean fighters.
Her power blade, like all Atlantean weapons, is a fusion of technology and magic, and its strength can be adjusted, from strong enough to cut through steel and rock to weak enough to deliver a knockout blow that causes no permanent damage - which is the default setting she keeps it on, and often uses it instead of hand to hand combat when fighting normal humans, as the idea that their Titan heritage is a gift that mustn't be misused is deeply embedded in Atlantean culture.
And while there's no exact definition of just what strength of enemy would allow a justified use of their full Titan powers, Zandra prefers to hold to a code of not killing any sentient creatures at all, which has not only helped to boost the positive opinion of Atlanteans among most of the general public, but has also seen her become one of the key members of the Legion, who mostly follow a similar code of restraint.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Minerva17 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:37 am

Hmmm, I see, VERY interesting. First off, I like the idea that the Atlanteans, do for all intents and purposes look human, certainly explainable due to their cities being dry yet secluded, allowing subtle differences such as breathing underwater, etc.

Second,I would love to fight alongside her (not against her, we villains aren't stupid) in battle, she does sound like the field leader type and someone you can depend on. And I will admit, earlier I was concerned about her warrior training meshing with the no kill code of the Legion, and I like the explanation behind why she uses her blade. :)

And wait, you said 'mostly' follow a code of restraint...have their been exceptions to this? :) And on that note, I hope to submit a villainess against the Atlanteans and Zandra if I would be allowed in the Character Discussion Section?
Minerva17

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:24 am

Minerva17 wrote:Hmmm, I see, VERY interesting. First off, I like the idea that the Atlanteans, do for all intents and purposes look human, certainly explainable due to their cities being dry yet secluded, allowing subtle differences such as breathing underwater, etc.

Well, they're half-human - they're the result of the union of the Titan Atlas and a normal human woman.

Second,I would love to fight alongside her (not against her, we villains aren't stupid) in battle, she does sound like the field leader type and someone you can depend on. And I will admit, earlier I was concerned about her warrior training meshing with the no kill code of the Legion, and I like the explanation behind why she uses her blade. :)

Fighting alongside her might be possible, although we're not planning on having the same amount of co-op content as CoH had, as we want to make sure that villains can be villainous all the time, which was something that red side players in CoH complained about not being able to do.

And wait, you said 'mostly' follow a code of restraint...have their been exceptions to this? :)

Some heroes regard any creature that they're fighting which has equal or greater power than them as an acceptable fatality.

And on that note, I hope to submit a villainess against the Atlanteans and Zandra if I would be allowed in the Character Discussion Section?

You can submit one - although we do already have a few characters and groups that are enemies of the Atlantens, including an archenemy for them and Zandra, so there's no guarantee that a new submission would be used, or if it was, that it'd remain unchanged.
Golden Girl

Unread postby vladko92 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Well I have to admit that I couldn't miss the part in which I read that Atlantean are pretty much like the ones from DC Universe... I hope we don't see too much DC Universe use or if we are going to see such thing at least let's have it fair, between DC Universe and Marvel Universe...
vladko92

Return to Characters