Groups General Discussion

Developing the NPC groups in the game

Re: Groups General Discussion

Unread postby Rigger » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:39 am

adman123 wrote:Two NPC gangs

The Hounds:
Hound presence is obvious, due to graffiti tags saying "Ruff City" a clear sign that you've entered Hound territory.

The Blades:

They occupy territory South of Titan City, and tag a picture of a knife going through a skull, to mark their territory.

Maybe these will do? I can bang together a generic one for the hounds if you're into it.
graffiti5.png

graffiti6.jpg

graffiti7.png
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Unread postby adman123 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:12 am

Rigger wrote:
adman123 wrote:Two NPC gangs

The Hounds:
Hound presence is obvious, due to graffiti tags saying "Ruff City" a clear sign that you've entered Hound territory.

The Blades:

They occupy territory South of Titan City, and tag a picture of a knife going through a skull, to mark their territory.

Maybe these will do? I can bang together a generic one for the hounds if you're into it.
graffiti5.png

graffiti6.jpg

graffiti7.png

Those are awesome, especially the Blades! And if you have the time then sure, the hounds one would be great :D
Hail Hydra!

Reach Me:
admanconnect@gmail.com
or
miniman888@gmail.com

Testing Specs:
Home PC
Windows Vista Home Premium
Memory: 9206MB RAM
Direct X 10
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Chip: GeForce GTS 250
Sound:Realtek HDMI Output
Network Speed:130.0 Mbps

or
Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium(6.0 Build 6002)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-65 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 3838MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
adman123

Unread postby cursedsorcerer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 pm

The Pirates

Territory:

The Pirates operate in the ports and coastal areas of Titan City.

Criminal Activities:

Gang wars, drug trafficking, robberies (including hijacking cargo ships)

Organization:
The Pirates have a surprisingly complex chain of command. The gang operates in cells (called "Crews") and each Crew is led by a Captain. The Quartermaster acts as an advisor to the Captain and sometmes even leads his own smaller Crew of Mateys, Swabbies and Landlubbers. The Bosun helps the Quartermaster and Captain plan heists and other operations. Mateys fill the middle ranks while Swabbies and Landlubbers make up the bottom ranks of the Crew.

Captains and their Crews are allowed a certain amount of autonomy, but each Captain ultimately answers to the Pirate King, known only as "Blackbeard."

Aesthetics:

The Pirates tend to incorporate images reminiscent of 17th Century pirates into their outfits. A typical Pirate outfit often includes:

Do-rag
    Earrings
    Eye patches
    Tattoos (Depicting Pirate ships, Skulls and Crossbones, etc.

Aside from these items, Pirates tend to wear leather jackets emblazoned with the Skull and crossbones. They also tend to use common weapons such as knives, guns, baseball bats, etc.

Note: Originally, I had the idea of some Pirates actually having cybernetic hooks and legs referring to the hooks and peg legs seen in pirate media, but I discarded this idea.
Last edited by cursedsorcerer on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patience is a virtue. Virtue was a CoH server.
Villains are people who dedicate their lives to evil. Villians are people from the planet Villia.
cursedsorcerer

Unread postby Golden Girl » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:00 pm

There's something semi-pirate-ish about one of the street gangs we have planned out, but some of what they do depends on what we can get the engine to do.
Golden Girl

Previous

Return to Groups