Brands and Logos General Discussion

Developing the brands and logos in the game world

Re: Brands and Logos General Discussion

Unread postby Rigger » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:23 pm

plinkyplonk wrote:The Kilbe rusty sign in the middle looks brilliant.

Nice effect on the lower sign, if 1 or 2 lights on the other rows were flickering would look spot on.

Better? :D
Attachments
KilbeElectrical2.gif
KilbeElectrical2.gif (305.42 KiB) Viewed 182 times
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Unread postby plinkyplonk » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:25 am

Yep, that's what I had in mind.
plinkyplonk

Unread postby Rigger » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 am

New stuff!

Okay, so I've been meaning to do some logos that are just text without attending marks, like the majority of logos (Marvel, Ebay, Microsoft, Dunkin Donuts... ) In that vein:

Anaphonic is a consumer electronics manufacturer. (Shhh. It's a different font.)
Anaphonic.png

Sprint and Mosen Sporting Goods are... well, sporting goods chain stores.
SprintSports.png
MosenSports.png

Martina's Day Spa, because even battle-hardened villains need the occasional mani-pedi. (And because I bought a whole bunch of new paintbrushes that I wanted to play with.)
MartinasDaySpa.png

Finally, I intended for IntraVision to be a technology that allows users to watch video "inside" their heads. How this plays out, I'm not sure. Do viewers become addicts, ignoring all outside stimuli until they die of dehydration and self-neglect, like Larry Niven's wireheads? Is it a high-intensity, immersive educational system that allows users to tap unconscious potential? Is it mind-control? Is it a HUD? Lots of options.
IntraVision.png

As you can see, I failed at my first attempt at "text-only" logos, and I need to focus harder. More on the way.
Last edited by Rigger on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Unread postby Rigger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:48 am

Taffy Shack. If there's a boardwalk on Helios Island, this belongs there. A pier would also do. (By the way, did anyone else think that Spanky's Boardwalk was the most depressingly lifeless place on Talos Island, or was that just me?)
TaffyShack.png

Pallas Tower, the tallest building in Atena, should probably have at least a plaque.
PallasTower.png

And here's some magazines. Super Confidential is a gossip rag, full of lurid innuendo, intended to undermine citizens' respect for heroes. The publishers get away with their libel, because they know that few superheroes have the time or inclination to pursue legal action. No one actually believes Super Confidential, but everyone reads it.
SuperConfedential.png

Cru Mode: Fashion magazine.
CruMode.png

Modern Enemy: this is a very obscure hat-tip to The Venture Bros. I did it to amuse myself.
ModernEnemy.png
Last edited by Rigger on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Unread postby Rigger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:07 am

More text-based logos.

Ironhart makes boots and work clothes. At least, that's what this font told me it wanted to be. Sometimes that's all it takes.
Ironhart.png

Wonderall. I made this after I read a silly, myopic article that damned millenials for not knowing what fabric softener is, of all things. The horror.
Wonderall.png

Subo makes fruit smoothies! I thought I'd already made a smoothie store, but I guess I hadn't. We like smoothies.
Subo.png

Speaking of millenials, Remi's Computer Repair is run by Remi and her younger brother. I imagine them both as smart but kind of scatterbrained, and exactly the type of youngsters that always need rescuing when they get in over their heads.
RemisCompRepair.png
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Nice work.

I must also agree with you on Spanky's Boardwalk. Despite its fame, 90% of the life it had was of the villainous kind. Such a waste.
Look, just hand over the cowbell and nobody gets hurt.
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:59 pm

These are all great - I like the little bits of background detail that you include with signs to give them some context.
Golden Girl

Unread postby Rigger » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Golden Girl wrote:These are all great - I like the little bits of background detail that you include with signs to give them some context.

Thanks! Of course, if people come up with better lore ideas, these can always be modified.

In the meantime, I've been trying to experiment with 3D and other effects. I'm not sure how far I want to go down this road. While advertisements can be complex, logos should be simple.

Evans & Keese Paints: Either a paint store chain, or a brand of paint, or both.
EvansKeesePaint.png

Okana: I intended for this to be a stationery store, but now that it's finished, it looks more like a candy or toy store to me.
Okana2.png

M Theory: Either a music label (like Sub Pop or Atlantic) or a chain of record stores.
MTheoryRecords.png

Nucleodyne: This successful corporation started as a life-extension technology through the use of nanorobotics. However, the nanobots could only repair cells after they were damaged. To repair the mutated genes that cause disorders, Nucleodyne is now exploring the field of Retroviral Gene Therapy. Unfortunately, retroviruses mutate rapidly.
Nucleodyne.png

Nucleodyne2.png
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

Unread postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:13 pm

OKANA seems more like either a jewelry store, a nail salon or an Asian restaurant. - If you ever wanted to rethink it that is.
Look, just hand over the cowbell and nobody gets hurt.
Blaze Rocker

Unread postby Rigger » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:58 am

Blaze Rocker wrote:OKANA seems more like either a jewelry store, a nail salon or an Asian restaurant. - If you ever wanted to rethink it that is.

I know, right? It's like it could be anything.
"Just run up on Fritz."
Rigger

PreviousNext

Return to Brands and Logos