Programmers Sign-Up

Sign-up to help develop Heroes and Villains

Programmers Sign-Up

Unread postby Heroes and Villains Admin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:27 pm

This thread is for programmers to sign up to help develop "Heroes and Villains".

PROGRAMMERS: Thazager

attempted:
DNA Experiment
John P
Sweatcake
smellypants
theGreatBlue
Lewis H

still on wait list:
Cendwar
Colonel
TenaciousZ
Fox152236
Bugzee
AquaJAWS
spindisc
DeathSentry
Blue Storm
Terram
Captain Valiant
Unthing
Gnurl
Codemaster
Last edited by Heroes and Villains Admin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes and Villains Admin

Re: Programmers Sign-Up

Unread postby Thazager » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 pm

I would like to join the programmers section. I know assembly and C++ pretty good.
In college I took classes on: basic, assembly, C++, cobol, pascal, fotran. I have only worked with them in a class, so I know the basics of each. About 33 years on and off.

I have also scripted with Unity using C# and Torque using it's script, though just the basics. I made a pacman type game with a rocket launcher in Torque. I created the characters (ghosts and pacman) using milkshape, connecting the bones and skin, and animation. I made the levels and modified an AI function into 3D for the ghosts chasing. It had 7 levels for class and was made in 6 weeks.

A sample of my programming form the game I made. It's called 3Dmazerunner and only 6.4mb at http://www.mediafire.com/?5rqkmpdftmsk88d
HaV Lead Programmer/scripter
Thazager

Unread postby Cendwar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:07 pm

I know the basics of C programming and took a class on Assembly. It's not much but if I can be of any use please let me know.
Cendwar

Unread postby Colonel » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:07 am

I am a retired programmer, with over twenty-five years of experience in the IT industry. I have experience with C, C#, C++, Perl, PHP, Java, Visual Basic, and even COBOL and Fortran 4, just to name a few. Once you learn how the if statement is structured, the rest is pretty similar. I have worked on many different types of projects, but, to be honest, this would be my first gaming project.

I look forward to assisting in any way I'm able.
Power down and disengage
Colonel

Unread postby Tiana » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:03 pm

What language will you be using here?
Tiana

Unread postby Golden Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:19 pm

The Hero Engine uses it's own scripting language, but once we have access to the source code, other languages can also be used - so for this first stage of development, it will be done using only the HE language.
Golden Girl

Unread postby TenaciousZ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 am

I have a lot of experience with C++ and some with Java. I also have made a few small games myself, some with FPS Creator and some with GameMaker.
TenaciousZ

Unread postby Fox152236 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi! My name is Jacob, I'm a 2nd year Game Design major with a concentration on game programming at DePaul University in Chicago. City of Heroes was my first real MMORPG (Runescape doesn't count in my eyes) and I fell in love with it. I've been playing it for about 7 years off and on, and I would love to offer my help as a programmer (I can do other things too if needed), since I always wanted to join paragon studios once I graduated (not happening now :cry: ). I'm proficient in C++, C#, Java, and I can learn any language if the need should arise. I hope I can help,

-J
Fox152236

Unread postby Bugzee » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 am

Howdy! I'm really interested in working on this project. I think HeroEngine is a fantastic choice for rapid development. My only concern with it is the fact that it requires Maya or 3DMax, some very expensive software. Anyway, about me:

I've been a professional developer now for 8 years, but have been coding for about 20. I have made many mods and plugins for various games as a hobby. My main strength is in scripting in perl but I'm sure I can adapt to HSL fairly easily. My professional classification is a lamp programmer, so I can work on website stuff as well. I'm sort of a jack of all trades, except in the graphical department.

Oh, and... HAI!

John
Bugzee

Unread postby Golden Girl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Welcome to the HaV project - the more programmers we have, the better.

I've sent you the PM that all the programming volunteers have received, outlining our first coding target.
Golden Girl

Next

Return to Assemble the Team